Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Advice please Location video sound (Read 6436 times)
Roundabout

Advice please Location video sound
May 7th, 2012, 2:10pm

A colleague of mine is attempting to upgrade an SLR camera which also   shoots video to not only reord the audio fx through the onboard mic but add voice recordings both in and out of vision using some form of radio mic  with a receiver that possibly could include a digital card recording device. The mixing would take place during computer driven editing.  Does anyone have experience in this style of operating on an amateur (ie sensibly financed) basis using easily available kit please?

IP Logged

david en france

Old Whittington, Derbyshire.
Re: Advice please Location video sound
Reply #1 - May 8th, 2012, 9:00am

Not sure what you are trying to achieve here that needs a radio mic?  Could you not use a self contained digital recorder, i.e. the circa £40 Olympus, running alongside your camera for later mixing? Being digital you should have no difficulty in syncing on the timeline when editing...and at far less cost?   Though, for what it's worth, if you want video why not invest in a video camera? Prices have never been better and you cold extend your mic lead to quite a distance. Radio mics are problematical at best and always expensive.   I am producing not-for-profit video to pro standards using a ten year old Sony PC110 and a 2008 Sony HDV cam, editing on Premiere Elements 7 on a laptop to DVD standards.

IP Logged

Roundabout

Re: Advice please Location video sound
Reply #2 - May 8th, 2012, 9:25am

David thanks very much for that...will look ito your suggestion. Much appreciated.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print