Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Latest stupid idea from the coalition! (Read 7639 times)
Dickie Mint

Solihull, West Midlands
Latest stupid idea from the coalition!
Apr 12th, 2012, 2:39pm

Is to tax State Pension at source.  Doh!  Undecided
I've just read this on Saga:
http://www.saga.co.uk/money/news/why-does-the-coalition-keep-targeting-pensioner...

So having to synchronise BBC Pension tax and State Pension tax is simplying matters?  Currently, as I understand it, the state tells the BBC to reduce the personal allowance by the state pension received. Easy, fixed standard known sum, applied to perhaps thousands of different value BBC pensions.  But the state want to reverse that?

Richard

Regards,
Richard

IP Logged

WG

Hitchin
Re: Latest stupid idea from the coalition!
Reply #1 - Apr 14th, 2012, 9:51am

I think what the Government are trying to do is simplify, but as usual their presentation is muddled.

Many BBC pensioners over 65 have incomes from more than the two sources of their BBC and State pension. However small( or moderate)--it is very likely that these third or even fourth elements are paid gross or are net and possibly reclaimable.

It is absolutely disgraceful that just because a pensioner has a very modest amount of gross taxable or reclaimable income they should be faced with the appalling complexities and accounting costs of tax form compilation.

For a start-It might be an idea if the National Insurance office talks "simplicity"to the Government Pensions dept and when they have a got a process together they then engage  with the Inland Revenue. At the moment none of these three huge bureaucratic parties have the slightest idea of anything other than non collaborative self preservation.        

Mr Playlist

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print