Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Peter Pitt (Read 5469 times)
Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Peter Pitt
Mar 2nd, 2012, 2:42pm

Peter Pitt, series producer of "Close Up North" (Leeds), and more recently of BBC Southampton, died on Thursday 1st March.

Further information will follow when available.

The Administrator.

IP Logged

Administrator
YaBB Administrator

Re: Peter Pitt
Reply #1 - Mar 7th, 2012, 5:12pm

The following was posted by Peter's family on Facebook.

Please see the message below about Peter Pitt (my dad) from my mum...

Hullo lovely friends this is a message from Mo,
I know you will be sad to hear that following a diagnosis of heart failure in November and a period of deterioration, Peter died peacefully at home in Sway on Thursday 1st March surrounded by his loving family to whom he brought such joy.

We had amazing support from our local GPs, our local hospice and district nurses. Peter of course loved them all but his diseased heart finally got the better of him. He will leave a great big hole in all our lives but Peter wanted us to have happy memories of him and not sad ones (difficult at the moment).

Peter faced death with amazing fortitude and to a large extent planned his own funeral. So we are not to wear black, and he has instructed us to celebrate his life rather than mourn it. I know not all of you will be able to come but we know you will be there in spirit so raise a glass to his memory.
The funeral will take place at Saint Luke’s church, Church Lane, in Sway on Friday 16th of March at 2pm.

The service will be followed by a burial in Sway cemetery, which is no longer in the grounds of the church, but is near to the forest on Brighton Road. Everyone is welcome to all parts of the funeral but if you feel you are unable to join us for the burial the church rooms will be open for refreshments where we will all join you later.

I now have a request to you all, please can you send me your fond memories and funny stories or photos relating to Peter. We wish to make a memory book plus we will use some of these at the funeral.

Some months before Peter died he asked me to send a donation to the Smile Train which I never got round to doing, so we will only have flowers from the family and request instead that friends support this appropriate charity. For those of you who do not know it, the aim of the charity is to pay for surgery for children born with cleft lip and palate in developing countries, so they can smile and not be stigmatized. It seems very appropriate for Peter to leave a legacy of smiles. All donations can be sent to Maria Jones at R. Hallum Funeral home, Caro Cottage, 54 Brookley Road, Brockenhurst, Hampshire SO42 7RA Telephone 01590624345

I am sorry I have not been very organized about replying to your lovely emails, but I have really appreciated them all and in time will get round to communicating. Just email me to let me know if you are coming to the funeral or text me on 07762384617.
Bless you all Mo

The Administrator.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print