Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Monty Python crew members (Read 9638 times)
deadparrot
YaBB Newbies

Monty Python crew members
Sep 9th, 2011, 9:55pm

Hello ex-BBC staffers, my name is James Gent and I am currently writing and researching a book on Monty Python's Flying Circus (1969-1974). This book is taking a close look at the TV series, series by series, episode by episode, covering all manner of production minutae, trivia, cultural references, and most pertinently to this forum, going into detail about how the show was actually put together.  I am trying to sample as many voices from the studio floor, as it were, to bring this side of the story to life and would love to hear from any members of this forum who worked on the show in any capacity, whether with the film crew, at TV Centre or in editing, visual effects or with Terry Gilliam.

Feel free to share any info or recollections here in this thread or message me with contact details.  i have already got in contact with production assistant Roger Last who is very keen to talk about his time working on the show for the first three seasons, and Barry Stevens (TVRI) who physically edited the very first episode with a razorblade.

Thank you for reading Smiley

James Gent

NOTE TO MODS: If this is in the wrong subforum, feel free to move Smiley

IP Logged

Howard G

Re: Monty Python crew members
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2011, 9:22am

I have sent you a PM Wink

IP Logged

Peter_Neill

I Love YaBB 2!

Reply #2 - Oct 16th, 2011, 3:30pm

As have I.

IP Logged

F.M.

Reply #3 - Jun 18th, 2012, 2:31pm

I worked at TV Centre for a few years in the mid 80's. in the rostrum camera unit at the back of the scenery block.The bloke who worked in the Video Rostrum was previously a film rostrum cameraman by the name of Peter Willis.
Back in the late 60's early 70's he worked long long hours with Terry Gilliam perfecting the revolutionary animated sequences which peppered the Monty Python series.
I don't know where Mr Willis is these days...hope this is of help.

IP Logged

Maggie

London W11
Reply #4 - Jul 30th, 2014, 8:24pm

The recent successful revival of MontyPython @ 02 employed the skills of original costume designer Hazel Pethig. Their Agent will put you in touch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print