Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Black & White Minstrel Show - info wanted (Read 3721 times)
Simon Vaughan- APTS Archivist

Derby, UK
The Black & White Minstrel Show - info wanted
Aug 18th, 2011, 10:49am

I received the following email the other day concerning the Black & White Minstrel Show:

"I am producing a documentary for UKTV Yesterday Channel for their 1960s season that looks at the less well remembered music, fashion and TV of the 60s that were hugely successful at the time but have been eclipsed over the years by images and sounds of Carnaby Street, The Beatles, mods and rockers, Twiggy and Mary Quant. The Black and White Minstrel show and the albums it produced were so successful at the time and so representative of viewers love of old fashioned music and entertainment shows that I'd like to include the programme in our documentary.

I'm really keen to talk to anyone who worked on the show in the 1960s, and find people, perhaps with their own photos and home movie archive who can talk about it on tv. If you can suggest someone I might be able to talk to about the show i'd be very grateful.

yours

Jane Magowan
Producer"

If you can please email your reminiscences to the Alexandra Palace Television Society, (apts@apts.org.uk) I will then be able to collate them and forward them to Jane.

Very many thanks in advance.

Simon Vaughan
Archivist
for and on behalf of
Alexandra Palace Television Society
~~~~~~
web: www.apts.org.uk
         www.youtube.com/aptsarchive
mail: apts@apts.org.uk
~~~~~~
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1