Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The BBC's pensions email (Read 2955 times)
Administrator
YaBB Administrator

The BBC's pensions email
Aug 17th, 2010, 3:22pm

Full text of the message to staff from BBC People director Lucy Adams

Dear colleague,

Over the last few weeks I have been attending seminars, talking to groups of staff, reading your emails and listening to feedback from your managers. In addition to the questions, comments and alternative proposals you've suggested, many of you have asked us to look again at how we are communicating and consulting with you.

We also had last Monday's live forum where, in addition to your questions and concerns, there was a clear signal that you want to have more dialogue with the people who made the decisions about the proposals, hear from independent experts and business journalists on this issue and have more access to the data and the assumptions we used.

Today, I'd like to share with you some of the next steps in the ongoing consultation process.

This week, Ariel is producing a four-page pension special. This will include an assessment of the proposals by an independent finance expert, within the context of the UK pensions market. Ariel has also been asking staff for their views on the changes and has an interview with Mark Thompson.

In addition, I understand that next week Ariel is asking an independent finance journalist to objectively evaluate and analyse the actuarial data and assumptions on which our proposals were based, as well as some of the alternatives considered. This information will also be made available on the pensions website next week.

Following positive feedback about last Monday's forum, we are planning another live event for September which will include independent comment and analysis, plus an opportunity for staff to put their questions to a panel.

We are also planning a series of open forum sessions with members of the executive board and other directors where you will be invited to discuss pensions and any other topical issues about the BBC you'd like to talk about. These will begin in early September.

Meantime, the pension seminars are of course continuing and the pension service line is available to answer your emails and take your calls.

I hope this reflects the ideas and comments you have raised. If you have any feedback on the plans outlined above, please let me or your line manager know.

Many thanks,

Lucy

The Administrator.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print