Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Don Martin - former BBC Sound Recordist (Read 3962 times)
Richard Merrick
YaBB Newbies

Don Martin - former BBC Sound Recordist
Feb 9th, 2010, 7:56pm

I pass this message on from a colleague:

"It is with great regret I inform you that our colleague DON MARTIN (82) passed away on 3rd February.
His funeral will be held at North East Surrey Crematorium Garth Road, Morden, on 16th February at 11 am.
Jane, his wife, would prefer a donation to Cancer Research rather that flowers."

Don Martin will be remembered especially by former Current Affairs and Topical Programme staff, most particularly from Lime Grove.
Don was one of the legendary sound recordists in BBC Film Dept that we all admired greatly.
For those of us who followed in his footsteps, there was no greater aspiration than to "do it like Don"
He will be greatly missed.

IP Logged

Donson
YaBB Newbies

Re: Don Martin - former BBC Sound Recordist
Reply #1 - Feb 11th, 2010, 8:35pm

This announcement has prompted personal contact from far and wide, and my mother and I are moved by both the expressions of sympathy and the universally high regard in which Dad appeared to be held by his colleagues.

Dad worked 53 years with the BBC (age 17 to 60 then 10 freelance after he "retired") and, in truth, he never really left. Thank you again.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print