Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Pictures from early TV cameras (Read 6930 times)
AENG
Ex Member

Pictures from early TV cameras
Jun 9th, 2005, 1:50pm

I wonder if anyone is able help me find examples of the output from early (black & white) camera tubes. I'd particularly like to find pictures (I can see them in my mind's eye!) produced by early 3-inch image orthicons and possibly also Emitrons and CPS Emitrons.  Google images seem to have nothing and I've had no success with the Marconi Review, 1948-65, MOMI, the Bradford museum or (so far) the RTS.  It's of no great import, only a chat I've been asked to give to a local society, but I would like to share with them what the box actually looked like in the good old days. Wink Many thanks.

IP Logged

Gordon_Waters
Ex Member

Re: Pictures from early TV cameras
Reply #1 - Jun 20th, 2005, 7:32pm

I Suggest that you try the Alexandra Palace Television Society. Simon Vaughan is the contact. His address is
APTS@APTS.org.uk    
                               Good luck Gordon Waters

IP Logged

Gordon_Waters
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Jun 21st, 2005, 9:29pm

I suggest that you contact Simon Vaughan at APTS@ APTS .org.uk. He has a multitude of Photos etc of the early days at Alexandra Palace .Good  luck Gordon Waters .

IP Logged

Gordon_Waters
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2005, 7:21pm

Did you receive my suggestion that you contact Simon Vaughan at,   apts@apts.org.uk Could he help you?  

Gordon Waters

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print