Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Reslosound at the Beeb (Read 8309 times)
Gargantuan_Sound
Ex Member

Reslosound at the Beeb
Aug 6th, 2003, 11:55pm

Hello Folks,

I am researching the firm Reslosound and in particular would anyone have any memories of the Reslo mics being used at the BBC?

I have already been in touch with a few ex BBC chaps and just wanted to try my luck here on this forum.

Many thanks

IP Logged

petesimpkin
Ex Member

Re: Reslosound at the Beeb
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2006, 7:24am

Hello there
Have only just discovered this thread .....I'm a newcomer..but remember that in the old BBC South TV studio at South Western House in Southampton we used the famous silver Reslo as an in vision mic for the newsreader.......also used for voiceover recordings.
Pete

IP Logged

zaentzpantz
YaBB Newbies

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2010, 8:16pm

I worked in the anechoic chamber and mic test room (LG079) in BH Extn, repairing and testing a wide range of mics in 1970, and never came across any Reslo mics during my time there.
I could have recognised the flat Reslo ribbon mics and never saw any being used around BH.

IP Logged

Micro
YaBB Newbies

Reply #3 - Jul 18th, 2010, 4:48pm

I worked at Television Centre in Shepherds Bush in the early '60s and I remember Reslo mics as talkback and intercom mics in the studios and the central control areas.  Reliable things, never needed to mend them.

IP Logged

roy argyle
YaBB Newbies

Reply #4 - Nov 1st, 2010, 10:03am

I am just looking at a reslo ribbon type rva, acquired 1952 still in its orginal box with the address 359 city road london e.c.1. Not sure if its ever been used (p.s.not selling it)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print