Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Donald Kerr and John Norman - where are they? (Read 6736 times)
richard
Ex Member

Donald Kerr and John Norman - where are they?
Feb 5th, 2003, 3:49pm

Anybody know the whereabouts of ex Bristol newsroom staff, Donald Kerr and John Norman? I am trying to track them down in connection with a documentary I am producing on the yachtsman Donald Crowhurst. They covered his entry into the first Golden Globe round-the-world race (1968-9) and his subsequent disappearance.

Any help gratefully received.

IP Logged

johnturtle
Ex Member

Re: Donald Kerr and John Norman - where are they?
Reply #1 - Oct 2nd, 2003, 11:27pm

Did not Donald Kerr go on to manage Radio Merseyside - and was he not seriously affected by the hepatitis-laden lunches on the day that an Archers Celebration and (of all things) an Allowances Dept. sandwich lunch also spread the infection?   He was a very successful manager in Liverpool. This triumph of BBC Hospitality resulted, I was told, in a substantial payout to the Archers actors after Equity intervened.

Public health anoraks will tell you there was an even more celebrated incident at Apothecaries Hall, when a lunch for  surgeons became, as they say, a vector for the spread of the same disease due to the disgusting personal habits of Scots raspberry pickers.

John Turtle

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print