Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Request for pensions meeting (Read 6555 times)
Bob_Eggington
Ex Member

Request for pensions meeting
Aug 25th, 2002, 11:49am

I got back from holiday to find an invitation from the BBC to attend a Pensioners' Liaison Meeting in November.

There are two meetings:  one at White City on Thursday November 7; the other in Cardiff on Monday, November 18.

I'd like to go, because this is such a dramatic time for pension funds and I know the BBC has been conducting its three-yearly review of our scheme.

Unfortunately, when I rang for a place at the London meeting I was told it had been fully subscribed long ago.
I was wondering whether to ask the organisers if they would arrange an additional London meeting.  Would anybody else be interested in asking for one?

IP Logged

Roy_Walters
Ex Member

Re: Request for pensions meeting
Reply #1 - Aug 27th, 2002, 10:27am

Yes, good idea. I'm also too late to get a place.

IP Logged

Ian_Mitchell
Ex Member

Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2002, 11:40am

This is such an important time for pensions that at least one more meeting should indeed be arranged.  The simplest would be to fix one for the morning of the afternoon London meeting, since that should avoid staff having to travel from Cardiff twice.

IP Logged

Neil_Dormand
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Sep 1st, 2002, 8:46pm

I was too late as well and would be interested in another meeting

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print