Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board
  To join this Forum send an email with this exact subject line REQUEST MEMBERSHIP to bbcstaff@gmx.com telling us your connection with the BBC.
  HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Radio's Past (Read 6262 times)
Roger Beckwith
Ex Member

Radio's Past
May 25th, 2002, 9:43am

In 1932 the BBC marked the opening of BH by publishing two books about the building. One contained numerous photos showing not just the studios but offices, corridors, conference rooms, listening halls, even the boiler room! The other was a technical description of the building. You can see their contents at the Old Radio Broadcasting Equipment and Memories site (www.orbem.co.uk).

Also on the site you'll find articles about the war time Control Room, the 3B and H30 of the 60s and 70s, Type B, Type D and GP desks and a visit to Bridge Street - radio's home at Westminster until 1991.

IP Logged

David_Brewer
Ex Member

Re: Radio's Past
Reply #1 - May 27th, 2002, 7:28am

What a brill site Roger!  I particularly like the pages on the old Bridge Street
offices and studios at Westminster. I clicked on the link to the old 'radio record' area and memories of queuing up for my packages to be mixed and being shouted at because it was a tea break came flooding back. I think I can even see the tea pot in the picture.  Excellent stuff. Are there any plans to put up any old local radio images?

IP Logged

Roger Beckwith
Ex Member

Re: Radio's Past
Reply #2 - May 28th, 2002, 6:47pm

Thanks Dave. Hope we didn't shout too much, but SMs and their teapots should never be parted....!

Some pages about Local Radio equipment have now been added to the site.
« Last Edit: Jul 3rd, 2003, 9:46am by Roger Beckwith »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print